A lot of seniors rely on medications to maintain their health. So, for seniors taking multiple medicines at once, proper management is vital. Unfortunately, this is something that seniors struggle with. Whether it be due to old age or something else, they often have trouble keeping track of their medications, thus leading to over/underdosing and a decline in their health.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to help prevent that. Here are some of them:
- Write down an updated list of your aging loved one’s medications, including dosage strength, purpose, side-effects, and prescribing doctor’s name.
- Make sure that their medications are stored as indicated in the medicine box.
- Take advantage of pill organizers and arrange your loved one’s weekly medications.
- Set alarms and reminders for your loved one’s dosage times.
- Rely on home health services in Chillicothe Ohio for medication assistance and reminders if you cannot personally attend to your aging loved one.
Getting home health care services for your loved one provides plenty of benefits that go beyond medication management. For times when you can’t be there, our health aides and skilled nurses can provide the support and care your loved one needs to ensure their continued safety and good health.