Healthy eating is beneficial for both the young and old. But as we age, it becomes increasingly important to provide our bodies with the proper nutrition. That’s because we become more vulnerable to a variety of illnesses during advanced ages. Osteoporosis, hypertension, heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, and certain cancers are a few examples.
Here at Comfort and Care Health Services LLC, one of our advocacies include the health and wellness of beloved seniors. And while we cannot extend our home health care services to every family out there, we aim to compensate for that by providing essential and accessible information.
With that, allow us to share healthy eating tips for the elderly:
- Enjoy a variety of foods from each food group.
- Choose foods with little to no added sugar, saturated fats, and sodium.
- Add sliced or chopped fruits and vegetables to meals and snacks.
- Try foods fortified with vitamin B12, such as some cereals, or talk to your doctor about taking a B12 supplement.
- Reduce sodium intake by seasoning foods with herbs and citrus, such as lemon juice.
For seniors who find it difficult to fix up their meals, availing of our home health services in Chillicothe Ohio might just be the solution for you. We assist with meal preparation among many others!