No one likes to think about their parents and loved ones getting older, but it’s a reality that none of us can evade. At some point, it will be our turn to take care of them as they took care of us. And part of caring for them is making sure that they don’t get financially abused by others.
According to a survey, seniors collectively lose up to $30 billion a year to elder financial abuse. This abuse can come from total strangers, friends, and family members alike.
So, what can you do to help?
Here are a couple of tips our home health agency in Chillicothe Ohio hope will come in handy.
- Stay involved. Isolated seniors are the number one targets of scammers because they know they’re vulnerable and have less guidance from friends and family members. Visit your loved ones often or, if you can, get them reliable home health care services to keep them safe and protected at home.
- Shred all of your loved one’s documents (financial or otherwise) before disposing of them.
- Sign your loved one up for the “Do Not Call” list. The National Do Not Call Registry offers a free and easy way to remove your loved one’s name from sales and marketing lists.
- Never provide your loved one’s personal information through email. This makes it easier for hackers to get a hold of their private information.
- If you notice any suspicious activity, don’t delay and take action. Look for signs of unusual activity in your loved one’s checking and credit card accounts.
Keep your loved ones safe from financial abuse — get them home health services in Chillicothe Ohio, today!
For details, you may call Comfort and Care Health Services LLC at 740-773-0063.
Leave a Reply