The summer season in Ohio is fast approaching. If you’re like the many who love summer, then you too, are probably planning on some fun summertime activities. However, if you want to involve your aging loved one in your summer shenanigans, it’s important to know some wound care precautions, especially if they are recovering from surgery or have developed some skin ulcers.
Summer, for those recovering some wounds, can be quite the hassle after all. But no worries, here are some wound care tips you can employ to help your senior loved one enjoy the summer season while ensuring that their wound is healing nicely.
- Remind them to hydrate themselves often, not only when they’re thirsty.
- Make sure that they are dressed appropriately for the weather.
- Help them apply a protective sunscreen of SPF 35 before going out.
- Choose activities that you all enjoy but don’t aggravate their wounds.
- Get home health services in Chillicothe Ohio that provides wound care.
Comfort and Care Health Services LLC can be your partner in ensuring your loved one’s successful wound healing. We are a home health agency in Chillicothe Ohio that provides a wide-range of senior care including wound care. We deal with soft tissue infections, abrasions, insect or animal bites, and even burns.
To know more about our home health care services, give us a call.
Leave a Reply